I’m writing this article on the 1st of July and I declare the summer holiday season officially open!
I am going to spend a week in Brittany in July and I am practically overcome with excitement at the idea of spending my free time in a beautiful house with a big garden. These last few days, I have found myself daydreaming about all the things I want to do during my holiday… So I decided to write them all down in a quick but sun-drenched blog post!
You could call it a holiday to do list, or a summer bucket list… I’m fine either way, as long as it’s filled with fun and relaxing things to do!
- Film a few YouTube videos in the garden (I want to start a discussion about expatriation here on the blog!)
- Walk the dog each day, let her take a dip in the river
- Read, read, read (Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body, Saints for All Occasions or The Life of Elves)
- Drive around the garden so as to get used to steering a car (I don’t have my driver’s license yet, I should really get cracking on that)
- Take loads of photos
- Sit at a table outside and write letters to my future self (like in this book)
- Watch a few films on my films-to-watch list
- Have a glass of ice-cold rosé at night
- Try out a few new recipes, like this one or this one
- Go to the beach, eat an ice cream cone
- Take a photo with a seagull
- Have dinner outside, when the air is cool
- Eat tons of salads
- Start cross stitching again (I virtually stopped sewing since the beginning of last Winter)
That’s it for my summer to do list! What do you have planned for this summer?